The catalyst for the formation of the Ingleburn RSL Sub branch was in 1925, when the then Ingleburn Council took over 10 acres of land and with the help of the community which included many ex servicemen, developed it into Ingleburn Park.
The following year, 1926, the Park was officially opened and all ex-servicemen were invited. At this time most of them were members of Liverpool RSL Sub branch. At the opening 3 ex-servicemen , Archie Graham, Billy Hilder and Harry Mayne, suggested the forming of a Sub branch at Ingleburn, all present agreed and a meeting was called to elect office bearers and establish number of those willing to join.
A representative of the NSW RSL Headquarters was present at the meeting and acted as Returning Officer. So the Ingleburn RSL Sub branch was born, the first Executive Officers being Archie Graham, President, Billy Hilder, Treasurer and Harry Haye as Secretary. General Meetings were held on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Once the Sub branch was established, a Women's Auxiliary was formed and it proved to be of invaluable assistance in future years particularly during the depression years. The first President, by the way, was Sister Olive McRae, a nursing sister who served overseas during World War I.
The Council decided to hand the then right of way, to the Ingleburn RSL Sub branch - adjacent to the entrance to the existing Ingleburn Memorial Park in about 1930. Sub branch members began to cultivate roses, privet hedges and plant date palms. An Obelisk was then constructed, being built from bricks recovered from the demolished Church of England which had stood on the corner of Cumberland and Minto Roads. A time capsule filled with newspaper and clippings of the time and placed under its base. A brick fence and wrought iron gates were erected in 1931 and officially opened by Major General Sir Charles Rosenthal on the 25th October, 1931. The dedication service was conducted by Reverend J.H. McGoun of Campbelltown with a guard of honour being formed at the entrance gates.
During the depression years the Sub branch delivered assistance parcels to the needy with the assistance of the Women's Auxiliary. A number of visits being made to the homeless along the banks of the Georges River. Other projects undertaken included house repairs and even assistance with construction.
With the advent of World War II, the Sub branch formed an RSL Younger Set to assist with farewell functions for those servicemen going overseas. About this time the Fathers Association was formed to support those serving overseas.
When the RSL Headquarters erected a hut in the Ingleburn Camp, then known as Balikpapan Barracks, the Sub branch staffed the reading and rest rooms assisted by the Liverpool and Campbelltown Sub branches. When the 2nd AIF moved out of the now renamed Bardia Barracks, the hut was closed. In 1943 RSL Headquarters offered the building to the Sub branch on the proviso that they remove it. A block of land was purchased in Oxford Road for 100 pounds and then came the problems of transporting it, as the roads and bridges in the Ingleburn area were too narrow. Eventually with the help of the NSW Railway, the hut negotiated the Minto Crossing and was put on the block. The hut contained 9 tables and 36 chairs. Regular housie and euchre nights were run. The official opening was conducted by the then President of the NSW RSL, Colonel Hymen on the 29th January, 1944. Due to the efforts of the Sub branch, the Fathers Association and the Community the adjoining block of land was purchased on the 29th June, 1944, the corner of Cumberland and Oxford Roads.
In 1945 with the dramatic increase in membership, the building was extended; the completed extensions were officially opened by Major General R.Pollard.
With continued expansion of membership, overcrowding and parking became a problem and a search for land to accommodate future needs was commenced. In 1970, 61/2 acres were purchased at what is now 70 Chester Road, work started on the building in 1973, and on the 7th June, 1975, the completed building was officially opened by the Governor of New South Wales, Sir Roden Cutler VC, KCMG,KCVO,CBE.
In 2019 Ingleburn RSL Sub Branch passed a vote with members to sell the land to Ingleburn RSL Sub Branch Club Ltd. The Ingleburn RSL Sub Branch Memorial Garden and Sister Hultain Park complex remained with the Sub Branch. The money from the sale to be invested for future pursuits.